Thursday, August 6, 2009

Who's with me?

I was surfing the web and was thinking about how volunteering enriched my high school years, and I wondered why I hadn't been keeping up with it. Well, it got to me, so I signed up for not one, but two volunteer memberships at Hands on North Texas and Hands on Central Texas.

I clicked on few links, filled in couple of blanks here and there, and found myself searching for volunteering opportunities for this upcoming semester. Yes, I know I'll have a full load with a 15-hour term and 45+ field hours of teaching at the high school level, but I want to spend a couple of my weekends giving my time to those who are really in need. I'm really interested in getting involved with 1 hour for kids and the United Way's Fall Day of Caring.

So, who's with me?

No comments:

Post a Comment