Today/tomorrow we're saying goodbye to 403. It's bittersweet. Quirky and Perky and I have lived through some pretty crazy nights in that place. I'd attempt to list off all of them, but only a few come to mind, and even stating them doesn't do it much justice. But here I go. (I will probably add as things come to mind.)
1. Five Party Night
2. Perky's and my 21st birthday extravaganza, penguin suit included
3. Fourth roommates
4. Quirky finding Red Lipstick Koala's photo of us tucked in her car visor (driver's side)
5. "Safe house"
6. Fifa Soccer @ 402
- "Ew. Double ew."
8. Lighting up our balcony with the best icon EVER
9. Hanging out on the roof with strangers fishing for a tree limb off someone elses' balcony
10. Quirky and Perky's experience with the Guadalupe Tornado before driving to Dallas to leave for Breckenridge
11. Halloween night and being under 21 - "No one cares what purse you'll be wearing."
12. Late-nite shenanigans...
- F: Get the fuck out!
- Q: ...but it's my room...
- F: And lock the door on your way out!
14. Witnessing the fat Sigma Chi literally roll over some dude
15. The homeless lady passed out in front of the Tri Delt house
16. "Dude, don't call it that" night
17. The night that shall forever be forgotten, in which Q was "still drunk... and it's NOON."
18. Laughing as people drove the wrong way on BOTH the streets that intersected at our apt.
19. Secret Santa parties with the girls
20. Monday night drunkards - featuring Quirky and me - and a visit to Sun Hing, a local Chinese joint
21. 403 PALS dinner nights (fajitas, spaghetti)
22. Fratter's 21st = epic fail; he and Quirky became blood bros. that night
23. "Get off my best friend!"
24. Inter-wing fraternization
25. Ken's midnight donut runs
26. Perky's missing/misplaced cheese
- "who moved my cheese??"
- "i know it was right here!"
- "this is not my cheese!"
- "i just opened a new package!!"
- "WHO MOVED MY CHEESE?"
- "...did he even notice we brought him cupcakes??"
- "his name is paul. yes, paul. PAUL.
- .... P-A-U-L!"
- "...are you talking about the cacti??"
30. "Little Miss Sunshine" & arguing about the DVD player
- "I have it under control, just tell me which remote goes to the DVD player!"
32. "These girls... they're smart, bro. And quick. They don't let anything get past ya."
33. The week the room smelled of peppermint lotion
34. Reverse knocking/noise complaints
35. Numerous times the doormat was stolen
36. The ominous "Grey Lady"
37. Narrating vending machine fratters
38. Narrating fights going on outside
- "Guys, if anything gets too rowdy... the shorts are coming off."
40. The generation of 403 PALS
41. Sleeping on the floor our last night @ 403 as 403 PALS
- Q: Okay, don't get wrapped up in these cords over here...
- M: Just hope I don't end up next to you...
- Q: That's why I'm making this barricade of technology!
Hopefully I can add more with Perky and Quirky's input.
And I know nothing on this list makes much sense to anyone outside of our college clique, but take from it what you will. It's been a crazy ride.