Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Never listless

I have an addiction. I'm a chronic list-maker. 3M could make a living off of me. In fact, I have a stack of Post-its sitting here next to me. I love free Post-its just like the next obsessive compulsive Type-A personality. Lined, blank, bright neons, subtle pastels, kooky shapes, seasonal -- I couldn't live without them. If it's something that needs to be done, bought, seen, telephoned, e-mailed, Googled - what have you - you can bet it's written down either on a Post-it or in my planner and wall calendar.

This is my current week. Mind you, it's only Tuesday.
And I'm currently taking only one class and preparing to move,
so this is nothing compared to a 15-hour semester with student teaching.
***
I'll make sure to remember to take a snapshot
of what kind of mess that looks like during a hell week...

And yes, I know that life happens while you're making plans. And the 80/20 rule that 80% of whatever you write down and plan to do, only 20% actually gets done... but the instant gratification that comes from being able to check or cross something off a list gives me such exhilaration. I promise I'm not Joy (Cameron Diaz) of What Happens in Vegas, guilty as being one who makes plans to make plans... at least not all the time. I just like to have little reminders of what's to be done and what's upcoming.




If you think this is bad, you don't want to know how much trouble I cause when it's just me and my label maker. (Thanks to Crafty Girl for that one! :) )

No comments:

Post a Comment