Wednesday, August 5, 2009

It had to be you...

Got a lot of work done last night but planned on grabbing breakfast before heading to campus for class, so I turned in pretty early. The classical music radio station was playing good sleep music, and thank goodness Perky Girl remembered to put on the sleep timer, because the morning before it was impossible to get out of bed with the soothing sounds of said music. But I woke up at exactly 5:30am with the inevitable urge to pee, so I went.

Little did I know I would be accompanied by a young adult cockroach.

I didn't have any shoes on to exterminate the bugger, so I just scurried myself out the bathroom and leapt back in bed. It was a restless hour and half till the alarms went off.

Perky pressed the snooze button about 5 times. Both of us still awoke quite drowsily.

I admit, it's difficult to get up at 7am every morning. In fact, it's the antithesis of my favorite thing to do, which is sleep/sleep in.

We groaned to each other for a little while about placing a to-go order of breakfast tacos at one of our favorite Tex-Mex local joints, Trudy's, until Monica saw the little friend that made a guest appearance of my early morning loo visit.

That's what really woke us up.

"Oh my God... Oh my God, what is that?" Perky asks, panicked.
"That's a cockroach. It came to see me while I was peeing this morning." I say with an air of nonchalance.
"It---it's on my bed. Ugh, it's on my bed!!"
"I didn't know what to do when I saw it this morning. I didn't have any shoes on!"
"Oh God... GO AWAY YOU NASTY LITTLE SON OF A BITCH!"

--Perky leaps from the pillow side of her bed to the foot--

--I point at her foot, noticing the unpolished toenail she'd been meaning to attend to for the past month--

"I see it!," I say, pointing at the toe.
"WHAT?!?! WHERE?!?!" Perky yelps, cannonballing herself onto the edge of the bed where she began to flail her legs convulsively, as if to repel the pest.

--Here, I couldn't help but laugh uncontrollably, knowing that there wasn't a cockroach near her and that she was reacting hysterically--

"No," I said inbetween chuckles, "I just noticed that toenail you'd been complaining about being unpainted."

1 comment:

  1. HAHAHAHAHA That thing was disgusting! I'm in class right now trying NOT to pee my pants from laughing sooo hard!

    ReplyDelete